Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gearing Up for Spring Show Season and Goal Setting for 2014!

The SAS Competition horses got a nice almost 2 weeks off (1 week intentionally, 1 due to cold weather).  Lucky for them.

Our show schedule for the Spring is just about set. 

My students will be talking about their goals for the year with me this next month.  I want to know what my students want out of this year and plan out how I can best get them there.  Long and short term goals are important to ask yourself.  Even if you don't plan on competing I think this is a good time of year to sit down with a piece of paper and ask your self what you want to accomplish in the year ahead.  It may be that you want to compete at a certain level or see certain scores like I do, or perhaps its just that you want to learn a new skill at home with your horse.  No matter what your goal it's good to know what you want and talk to your trainer or even a friend about it.

Kerri, CoCo and Tebow will all be tuning their eventing skills which will include cross-country conditioning when the weather permits out on our beautiful 400 acre farm.  I feel so fortunate to have this much space to work with.  CoCo and I will be working on getting our Gold medal for Training Level and qualifying for AEC's this year and moving up to Prelim Level.  Tebow will go to some Starter Trials to try his hand at Beginner Novice level and then hopefully make his USEA debut at the end of the Spring.  Kerri we are just going to have some fun with.  We will see if the old girl will start out at BN or N depending on how she feels as we go into prepping for showing.  Her goals are more up in the air as I just want to enjoy her.

Dolce will be gearing up for Dressage season but will have her hand at Cross-Training as I feel this is fundamental for all horses no matter what their discipline.  Our goals for her are to break 70% at Training Level and move her on to 1st Level by the end of the spring. If she is still with us at the end of the summer she will head off to her KWPN Keuring at Iron Springs Farm.

 
I am very excited for 2014!  For both myself and my clients.  I wouldn't be anywhere without the help and support of my wonderful clients and family.  I want to give them 110% this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment